Alexander is an associated partner in Flick Gocke Schaumburg's Bonn office. His practice involves early and late-stage venture financings, mergers and acquisitions and the general representation of emerging growth companies. He also represents numerous venture capitalists and has extensive experience in venture capital fund formation.
Education & Career
Alexander studied law at the University of Cologne (Ph.D). Before joining the corporate department of Flick Gocke Schaumburg in 2007, he worked for international law firms in Boston, Cologne and Hong Kong and also as a legal counsel for Barclays Bank in London where he helped the bank setting up its business in India.
Recent highlights of Alexander’s experience include advising:
- Project A on the establishment of its second venture capital fund
- Cherry Ventures on the establishment of its second venture capital fund
- VITO Ventures on the establishment of its first venture capital fund
- Cherry Ventures on its seed investment in Wunder
- Lakestar on a Series B investment
- Wine in Black on financing rounds
- Vorwerk Ventures on its investment in Vaniday
When not at his desk, Alexander loves to be on or under the water – wakeboarding, snowboarding or scuba diving. He loves coffee and if he were not a lawyer, he could be a barista fueling the brains of startup entrepreneurs with caffeine.
Core Corporate Law Exit Transactions Financing Rounds Fund Formation Fund Restructuring